To promote ecological practices, since 2014 we have been encouraging customers to contribute to our trash collection for the TerraCycle recycling program to reduce waste!
Each garbage will be exchanged for a donation to a charity of your choice. We are committed to donating these funds to the Breakfast Club of Canada.
Customers may bring items to be recycled in a sealed, leak-proof bag, such as a garbage bag. You must call the organization one day before depositing the said bag in order to inform them of the type of garbage deposited.
What can we recycle?
Here is a list of items that are picked up for the recycling program. TerraCycle requires each item to be recycled separately:
- Snack Pouches: for details, click here
- Air fresheners and household cleaning products: for details, click here
- Gillette Recycling Program: For details, click here
What other ecological actions do you take?
In an effort to protect the environment, the following tips are encouraged:
- Purchase of local and pesticide-free food
- Selection of foods with compostable or recyclable packaging
- Use of recyclable and reusable containers to store food
- Meatless consumption one day a week (ex: “Meatless Mondays”)
- Request for a paperless option for documents such as invoices.
- Compost organic waste, if possible
Walnuts: their health benefits
Why talk about this Walnut so often forgotten? When eating walnuts, it is important to note a decrease in cholesterol.